Sunday, May 18, 2008

Angels Round About to Bear You Up

Today is a day for remembering, and I'm hoping, for reaching out. It has been four years since Hunter Bittle, a wonderful three year old, passed away.

The circumstances are terrible, an impaired driver who hit the car of Melanie Bittle, as she was on her way to Bible study. For details see: http://www.hunterslegacy.com/
I have never met Melanie face to face, but we are truly kindred spirits. I ran across her website when I was searching for a cover picture on "charity" for our ward (church) program in July of last year. It reminded me of the scripture from Moroni 7:47, "But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."

The picture seemed to fit so perfectly. We chatted back and forth, and she okay'd me to use it. Today, I grieve with my friend. Tomorrow it will have been four years since he slipped away. Her consequences of loss are overwhelming, while the driver is now walking free. She is having a hard time, and wondering about what kind of world we live in.

I know that I have THE most awesome friends on earth. Would you please be an angel and drop her a note of comfort? Her blog: http://www.melsperspective.blogspot.com/

D&C 84:88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.


i hope you can be an angel and help to bear her up - because I know too, that you are the best people on earth!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG, I had to stop reading her blog because I was an emotional MESS! Poor woman. What strength she has though! I dropped her a short line on her blog. You are such a good friend to rally the troops. That's why I'm glad I have you on my side! :)

Meredith said...

I sent her love and prayers on her blog. Thanks again for sharing her story.