Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Frosty has a Bad Day....

The cousins came over today, and I've been wanting to do a snowman. Our neighbors have a huge snowmammoth with green toxic waste all over, and it makes me laugh every time I drive by. Awesome. Something about being in the desert for so long brought back the old nostalgia of Frosty, and I thought we'd have a go.



The problem with the nostalgia is that snow, and a big ball of it, is really heavy! After having the Blue Team (Noah and Abigail) roll the base, and the Red Team (Eli) roll the middle, it was clear to Team Mom, that there was no way that we were gonna get the middle on top of the base - even with all of us pushing.

So, a la Calvin and Hobbes, we just left it there. I didn't really want a decapitated snowman though, so we tried to make it look like he was getting a sunburn tanning in our yard. Thank you food storage taco seasoning! It added just the right touch!

2 comments:

Danika said...

You are so creative! I love Calvin & Hobbes - my dad has all their books.

My Christmas cards a few years ago (when I actually did more than send out an email) had a puddle on the front with all Frosty's accessories and on the inside it read, "Have a Merry Christmas! Frosty would have wanted it that way!" Kevin thought it was a bit morbid, but I thought it was pretty funny! Maybe you could do something clever like that once the snow starts melting?!?

Mock the desert all you want...it was 72 degrees here today and PURE BLISS!

Katrina said...

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! You got me... RIGHT here!