Friday, August 8, 2008

Searching for a Song


For reasons now obvious to most [Matthew's law firm is dissolving], I am in search of an MP3 playlist of songs that are fun, happy and upbeat. Please let me know what song/s you put on to get to that happy spot. Shania Twain has my top spot right now with, "Up!"

"When everythaaaaaaaaaan is goin' wroong, don't worry, it won't last for loooooong,"

I think that I will either console myself with chocolate or music. One will make me incredbly fat and depressed, the other will help me get the kitchen floor cleaned,

"And up, up, up, can onnnnnly go up from here!"

Feel free to contribute more than one song, prayers and your own schadenfreude if need be. :D Thanks!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

OK, I can think of the songs I used to listen to when I was sad, like when I was depressed and mopey in college. Most anything by 10,000 Maniacs (The "Our Time in Eden" album come to mind) helped my sad moods thru my freshman year. Not sure if they helped make it worse or better but it helped nonetheless. Or, Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings - that will put you in a chipper mood! Feel better yet? Did you at least laugh? Really, hugs to you!!!

Sarah E. said...

Ouch! I'm sorry. New chapters are (almost) always hard to start, especially when you like the tone and feel of the one that's ending. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. So, songs... I'm thinking Day-O. You know, "Come Mr. Talley man, talley me bananas, daylight come and me wanna go home..." You're singing it aren't you? I know you are. I am. And just think all of those happy thoughts that anyone who has read your post and this comment (including us) will now have this very song stuck in our heads TOGETHER for the next week, at least! Think how many people that love you will be absentmindedly doing dishes or finding a reason NOT to do the dishes and humming along to the banana song. We're there for you!-Sarah

Danika said...

Ooooh! In the Middle by Jimmy Eat World. "It just takes some time little girl in the middle of the ride. Everything, everything's gonna be all right." That's my pick-me-up song.
May your kitchen be clean :)